Chris Packham to Lead Luxury Small Expedition Cruise In Australia’s Kimberley Region
Written by: Jovanka Ristich
Date: 1st June 2017
Steppes Travel (Tel 01285 601 751), specialists in escorted luxury tours to some of the least explored corners of the globe, is offering an exclusive 17-day cruise of the Kimberley led by one of the UK’s most respected wildlife presenters, Chris Packham.
Acknowledged as one of the world’s last wilderness frontiers, the remote, untouched Kimberley region in Western Australia covers an area three times the size of England and boasts waterfalls and billabongs, sandstone cliffs and canyons, rock art and wildlife.
This luxury small expedition cruise, based on the True North, will cover over 1,000 nautical square miles starting in Wyndham and concluding in Broome. En route sights include King George Falls, the Hunter and Prince Regent Rivers, Montgomery Reef and Horizontal Waterfalls.
There are over 300 bird species in the Kimberley including parrots, cockatoos, herons, egrets, ibises, bitterns, geese and ducks. And, if that is not enough, there are also rainbow bee-eaters, great bowerbirds, spinifex pigeons, blue-winged kookaburras and sacred kingfishers.
To fully unlock the Kimberley’s bird watching potential, Chris will be joined by local expert George Swann who has been studying birds here for almost 30 years.
- helicopter flight to the top of Eagle Falls for a picnic lunch. A further 20 optional scenic helicopter flights are available
- a visit to some of the world’s oldest, most celebrated rock art sites which provide a fascinating insight into early man’s perception of his place in the world
- big game fishing for mangrove jack and barracuda, among others
- swimming in freshwater pools that afford full flowing waterfalls as a backdrop
ABOUT CHRIS PACKHAM:
An accomplished photographer, cameraman, writer, conservationist and presenter, Chris Packham’s TV work started with the award winning Really Wild Show in 1986. His most recent BBC work includes SpringWatch, AutumnWatch, WinterWatch and Nature’s Weirdest Events.
Travel dates are 21st April – 4th May 2018, marking the end of the wet season when the billabongs, rivers and waterfalls are in full flow.
This escorted tour is priced £16,500 per person and includes:
- full board accommodation on the True North expedition cruise ship
- all fishing, boat and land excursions
- one helicopter flight to Eagle Falls.
This price does not include international and internal flights, pre and post cruise accommodation.
For further media information:
Contact Jovanka Ristich at firstname.lastname@example.org