Luxury Pool Villas To Open at The Library November 2017, Koh Samui, Thailand
Written by: Jovanka Ristich
Date: 7th June 2017
November 2017 will see The Library unveil 20 new luxury pool villas collectively known as Secret Chapters and consisting of three options – the Secret Pool Villas, the two-bedroom Secret Pool Villa, and The Writer, a large, exclusive, beach fronted villa.
- The Secret Pool Villas built around an eight-meter long saltwater swimming pool. These Villas are roomy with a total area of 220 square meters dominated by an 11-foot bed. Key features include:
- a dedicated entertainment area
- dining space with pantry
- oversized Jacuzzi bathtub
- tandem rain shower
- his and hers walk in closets
- The Two-Bedroom Secret Pool Villa providing the exclusivity of a private home with space for two couples, friends or a family.
- However, for something singular and truly exclusive, The Writer is a stand alone, 359 square meter beachfront sited villa affording uninterrupted views of the open sea with direct beach access. Key features include:
- dedicated living and dining spaces
- a private library
- outdoor cinema
- backyard gym
- upper floor terrace
- private 8.5 x 7.5 saltwater swimming pool
- an 11-foot wide bed
ABOUT THE LIBRARY
Stylish, chic and effortlessly elegant The Library is located on the white sands of Chaweng, Koh Samui’s famed beach which stretches for seven kilometers across the aquamarine waters of the Gulf of Thailand.
Promising guests a blank page upon which to write their own story, The Library is the inspiration of the young Samui entrepreneur Kasemtham Sornsong who created the property with the help of intuitive designer Tirawan Songawat.
Of The Library, owner and Managing Director Sornsong said: “My desire was to create a new architectural icon for the island. A building that would reflect the modern artistry and enthusiasm of the new Samui generation”. The new Secret Chapters collection continue in this vein.
Beachfront facing, The Library exudes restrained sophistication. The verdant gardens, azure waters and pale beaches are complemented by bold block colours dominated by white, red and grey. This minimalist palette is supported by simple furnishings and complemented by exotic art pieces.
An immediate icon and a photographer’s dream is The Library’s signature Red Pool. Trip Advisor quickly calls it “One of the world’s most fantastic swimming pools” whilst Conde Nast Traveller included it in its own list of “The Most Stunning Swimming Pools in the World“.
In short, The Library is quite unlike any other hotel on the island.
With the addition of Secret Chapters’ 20 villas, from November The Library will consist of 46 beautiful guest rooms:
- 11 Exotic Suites on the ground floor featuring a patio, Jacuzzi bathtub and rain shower
- 13 Smart Studios on the upper floor featuring a balcony and mood lighting
- The Bookmark featuring a triple king-size bed, home theatre system, dedicated living area, walk in closet and Jacuzzi
- The 2-Bedroom Suite featuring triple kingsize bed, home theatre system, dedicated living and dining areas, walk in closet, outdoor terrace with Jacuzzi.
OTHER HOTEL FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- The Lib, home to the property’s impressive collection of over 1,400 art, culture and design books in addition to 2,000 entertainment DVD’s and CD’s.
- The Fit offers a variety of exercise machines and equipment.
- The Page offers not only a gourmet east meets west dining experience, it also offers a selection of rare, old kingdom Thai cuisine largely absent from contemporary dining tables.
- The Drink Gallery, a bar and restaurant with a casual yet sophisticated feel, is renowned on the island for its unique take on Thai tapas. The food is presented artistically with a homely feel whilst the drink and cocktail selection is extensive.
In-hotel experiences include:
- Breakfast in Bed on the Beach
- Tea by the Sea
- 101 cocktails at The Beach Bar
- Intimate Beachside Dinners with personal butler and bespoke menus
- Thai cooking classes with The Library’s resident chef
Activities on Koh Samui include:
- Elephant trekking
- Kayaking, windsurfing, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Visiting waterfalls, temples and pristine jungle
- Sailing day trips to neighbouring islands like Koh Phangan, Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan, as well as the Angthong Marine National Park made up of some 40 islands covering 250 square kilometres.