Paradise Pout: 10 best places to kiss on Hamilton Island, celebrating International Kissing Day 2014
Written by: George Ristich
Date: 30th June 2014
Hamilton Island on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia is calling on guests to pucker up in paradise for International Kissing Day, Sunday, 6 July.
Originating in the UK and now recognised worldwide, Kissing Day will see Australia’s premier island destination stop to appreciate the simple gesture, yet powerful expression of love: the kiss.
With an abundance of love for its guests and renowned as a romantic holiday destination, Hamilton Island simply couldn’t let this loved up holiday slip by unnoticed.
“International Kissing Day will be a great chance to show our guests how much we love sharing our slice of paradise with them. For those on Island this Sunday, we’ll be spreading the love and charging the romance with a few kiss inspired treats so make sure you keep an eye out!” said Ciaran Handy, General Manager of Hotels – Hamilton Island.
If you’re thinking of spoiling your loved one, why not do so in paradise. Here are Hamilton Island’s top 10 places to enjoy a cheeky kiss (or three) this International Kissing Day:
- Flying over Heart Reef: There’s nothing more romantic than a kiss inside a helicopter as you fly over the famed Heart Reef. As the reef comes into sight, pucker up and get the iPhone ready for a smooching selfie!
- Sunset at Bommie Deck: Hand your loved one a “Bommie Kiss” cocktail, watch the sun set over the marina and enjoy a romantic kiss on the Bommie deck at the Hamilton Island Yacht Club – the challenger of record in the 35th America’s Cup.
- Passage Peak: After a decent walk up to the highest point on Hamilton Island, you’ll have well and truly deserved a celebration kiss for your efforts; a clinch best matched with a spectacular view of the sunrise.
- Koala kiss: While devouring a delicious buffet breakfast including eggs, bacon, hash browns, and pancakes at Wildlife Hamilton Island, why not blow a kiss towards the cuddly koalas watching on. If that’s not enough and you find yourself still bursting with love for your new furry friends, why not give the koala a hug and have a photo taken as a keepsake – a great International Kissing Day memory.
- 18th hole of Hamilton Island Golf Course: Show off your talents by playing 18 holes with your plus-one on Australia’s only golf course located on its very own island. As you hit your last ball, a congratulatory (or you’ll-do-better-next-time) kiss will no doubt be coming your way!
- Spa qualia: Get in the mood with the ultimate couples treatment at the world-class, luxurious Spa qualia. Spoil your partner in style with a cocktail of sweet chocolate spice massage oil, vinotherapie body scrubs, pinot noir body masks, and time spent soaking (and kissing!) in an aromatic chocolate foaming bath.
- One Tree Hill: Enjoy a cocktail and a stunning sunset as you settle in for a romantic afternoon at this iconic look out. The renowned One Tree Hill pop up bar is open every day so settle in for a few drinks – and kisses – as you cap off yet another blissfully romantic day.
- Beach Club: As you relax in the Beach Club resort’s private infinity pool, looking out through the palm trees over Hamilton Island’s picturesque Catseye Beach across to the Whitsunday Islands beyond, you won’t be able to not shower your partner an excited I-can’t-believe-we-are-actually-here kiss.
- Whitehaven Beach: Boasting seven kilometres of pristine white sand and vibrant turquoise water, and only a quick boat trip from Hamilton Island, Whitehaven Beach will spoil you with options when it comes to selecting the perfect place to pucker up. Recognised by TripAdvisor as 2014’s number one beach in Australia, and one of the best in the world, it will hard to top this kiss in paradise…
- Windward pavilion, qualia:…that is until you check into Hamilton Island’s award winning luxury resort, qualia! Sweep your loved one completely off their feet with a kiss in your own private Windward Pavilion plunge pool. We promise this indulgence will ensure kisses of love and gratitude will continue coming your way all day long – and no doubt for many days to come.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
About Hamilton Island:
Hamilton Island is located off the Queensland coast of Australia, within the Whitsunday Islands at the edge of the Great Barrier Reef. Here visitors can experience everything that is great about Australia – natural landscapes, calm turquoise waters, secluded beaches, beautiful weather, fascinating coral reefs, diverse flora and fauna. Hamilton Island offers a wide range of accommodation options, not to mention over 60 activities and all within a short direct flight from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Cairns. There are also great connections from other Australian cities. www.hamiltonisland.com.au
Media contacts and image library: www.hamiltonisland.com.au/media-centre/