See Ravenna’s Autumn Trilogy – An Opera Lover’s Dream
Written by: Jovanka Ristich
Date: 17th October 2017
With its superb Adriatic beach front location above mineral rich thermal springs on the outskirts of Ravenna, Terme Beach Resort has created a special offer combining the natural beauty of the Adriatic coastline with the cultural feast that is Ravenna Festival’s Autumn Trilogy. This year the theme is Italian opera featuring Cavalleria rusticana, Pagliacci and Tosca.
TERME BEACH RESORT’S AUTUMN TRILOGY OFFER – £430 for two people. Price includes:
- 3 nights on a b&b basis in a superior double room with direct access to the beach
- Private return transfer between hotel and Bologna Airport
- Spa treatment which includes 30 minute sauna
- Two tickets to attend any one of the following three operas:
- 16th – 19th November – Cavalleria rusticana, a one act opera by Pietro Mascagni
- 17th – 20th November – Pagliacci by Ruggero Leoncavallo
- 24th – 27th November – Tosca by Puccini
THE RAVENNA FESTIVAL, established in 1990, is one of Europe’s most prestigious performance arts festivals. In 2012 the Festival’s season was extended with the introduction of the Autumn Trilogy which this year spotlights three very different Italian operas.
RAVENNA not only boasts eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites, it is the resting place of Dante, is home to the internationally acclaimed Ravenna Festival and is the site of the Basilica di San Vitale whose gold mosaics are said to have inspired Gustav Klimt.
TERME BEACH RESORT has 29 rooms, 11 of which have direct access to an 80-meter stretch of beach. Its spa and wellness annex offers a variety of treatments along with an indoor swimming pool maintained at a constant 33 degrees. Its restaurant, Marlin, offers a great menu with a particularly impressive selection of seafood dishes, the fish being freshly sourced on a daily basis.
ACCESSIBILITY – Bologna is the gateway airport, easily reached via several direct daily flights from Heathrow, Gatwick & Stansted with British Airways, EasyJet and Ryanair respectively. Flights for November can be sourced in the region of £100 or less.